After the wave of new papers and manuscripts last week, this week is rather calm. It looks like there is only one somewhat relevant theoretical paper on the Lugiato-Lefever Equation.
Ok, this week there is quite a bit of work that hit the internet in one form or another. Beside of some manuscripts and papers directly related to Kerr frequency combs listed below (including one I missed some time ago), there are quite a few other interesting articles after the link that are interesting.
From last week:
- Sayson, N. L. B., Webb, K. E., Coen, S., Erkintalo, M. & Murdoch, S. G. OSA Advanced Online Optics Letters. Widely tunable optical parametric oscillation in a Kerr microresonator.
- Wu, C.-L. et al. Efficient wavelength conversion with low operation power in a Ta2O5-based micro-ring resonator. Opt. Lett., OL 42, 4804–4807 (2017).
- Ma, J., Jiang, X. & Xiao, M. Kerr frequency combs in large-size, ultra-high-Q toroid microcavities with low repetition rates [Invited]. Photon. Res., PRJ 5, B54–B58 (2017).
- Volet, N. et al. Micro-resonator soliton generated directly with a diode laser. arXiv:1711.06307 [physics] (2017).
- Briles, T. C. et al. Kerr-microresonator solitons for accurate carrier-envelope-frequency stabilization. arXiv:1711.06251 [physics] (2017).
- Joshi, C. et al. Counter-rotating cavity solitons in a silicon nitride microresonator. arXiv:1711.04849 [physics] (2017).
Missed in the Update W40 & W41 and brought to my attention by an attentive reader:
Here is the [download id=”561″] for all the papers listed above.
And more papers, including a review on on-chip quantum light sources as well as work on second harmonics and Brillouin in microresonators, below.
Continue reading “Publication Update W47 2017”
There is a new page which gives an overview of the platforms used for Kerr frequency comb generation. You find it here. As always, comments, corrections and additions are more than welcome! And thanks to the donor for the additional image. I will keep the page updated as the field develops further.
During the last week there was not so much new work being published. I could only find a thesis:
Below, after the link, are two more publications which relate to microresonators and RF electronics required for many Kerr frequency comb applications but do not feature Kerr frequency combs themselves.
Update: It looks like I missed a big collaborative review paper published online about a month go. I am sorry about this but here it is:
Continue reading “Publication Update W46 2017”
Two papers on optical Kerr frequency comb and one that looks at the concept in the microwave domain.
- Suzuki, R., Kato, T., Kobatake, T. & Tanabe, T. Suppression of optomechanical parametric oscillation in a toroid microcavity assisted by a Kerr comb. Opt. Express, OE 25, 28806–28816 (2017).
- Lee, S. H. et al. Towards visible soliton microcomb generation. Nature Communications 8, 1295 (2017).
- Khan, S. A. & Türeci, H. E. Frequency combs in a lumped element Josephson junction circuit. arXiv:1711.00772 [cond-mat] (2017).
And the [download id=”503″] of the three papers above.