For all of those who plan to attend Photonics West 2018 in San Francisco in a months from now, there are quite some presentations on Kerr frequency combs including some in two dedicated sessions. Below, after the link is a short overview of the relevant talks I found in the current program as PDF. And we might meet as I plan to be there as well.
I did not find any relevant new work published online during the last week. If there is some, send me an email and I will update this post. If not, enjoy the (post)-Christmas time and I already wish everyone a Happy New Year!
Three new manuscripts on Kerr frequency combs were published online last week. It looks like the field is really picking up on the Raman effect as well:
- Fujii, S., Kato, T., Suzuki, R., Hori, A. & Tanabe, T. Transition between Kerr comb and stimulated Raman comb in a silica whispering gallery mode microcavity. J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, JOSAB 35, 100–106 (2018).
- Bitha, R. D. D. & Dikande, A. M. Elliptic-type soliton combs in optical ring microresonators. arXiv:1712.06348 [nlin, physics:physics] (2017).
- Suzuki, R., Kubota, A., Hori, A., Fujii, S. & Tanabe, T. Broadband gain induced Raman comb formation in a silica microresonator. arXiv:1712.05091 [physics] (2017).
The [download id=”590″] is there as well. And two more papers on nonlinear conversion using metasurfaces and on the coupling of microresonators with tapered fibers below.
Two Kerr frequency comb papers to read in the light of candles and with some Christmas cookies on the side:
- Sayson, N. L. B., Webb, K. E., Coen, S., Erkintalo, M. & Murdoch, S. G. Widely tunable optical parametric oscillation in a Kerr microresonator. Opt. Lett., OL 42, 5190–5193 (2017).
- Guo, H. et al. Intermode Breather Solitons in Optical Microresonators. Phys. Rev. X 7, 041055 (2017).
And as usual, the [download id=”583″].
Here are last weeks papers and manuscripts:
- Cherenkov, A. V. et al. Raman-Kerr frequency combs in microresonators with normal dispersion. Opt. Express, OE 25, 31148–31158 (2017).
- Zheng, Y. et al. Observation of gain spiking of optical frequency comb in a microcavity. Opt. Express, OE 25, 31140–31147 (2017).
- Cardoso, W. B., Salasnich, L. & Malomed, B. A. Localized solutions of Lugiato-Lefever equations with focused pump. Scientific Reports 7, 16876 (2017).
- Sun, C., Askham, T. & Kutz, J. N. Stability and Dynamics of Microring Combs: Elliptic function solutions of the Lugiato-Lefever equation. arXiv:1712.00417 [nlin, physics:physics] (2017).
Here is the [download id=”573″] for the four listed above. Below are two more interesting papers covering third-harmonic generation in SiN and on-chip Brillouin purification.