Here is what’s new from the last week. A bit of Raman frequency combs, some numerical work on Kerr combs in silicon and dissipative Kerr solitons in silicon nitride microresonators at around 1000 nm wavelength.
- Suzuki, R., Kubota, A., Hori, A., Fujii, S. & Tanabe, T. Broadband gain induced Raman comb formation in a silica microresonator. J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, JOSAB 35, 933–938 (2018).
- Liu, M. et al. Influences of multiphoton absorption and free-carrier effects on frequency-comb generation in normal dispersion silicon microresonators. Photon. Res., PRJ 6, 238–243 (2018).
- Karpov, M., Pfeiffer, M. H. P., Liu, J., Lukashchuk, A. & Kippenberg, T. J. Photonic chip-based soliton frequency combs covering the biological imaging window. Nature Communications 9, 1146 (2018).
And the [download id=”688″]. Below are two more publications on low-loss silicon nitride waveguides and a model for noise in frequency combs.
Continue reading “Publication Update W13 2018”
Sorry for missing last week’s update. Below now the publications of the last two weeks with Kerr frequency combs.
- Hansson, T., Bernard, M. & Wabnitz, S. Modulational instability of nonlinear polarization mode coupling in microresonators. J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, JOSAB 35, 835–841 (2018).
- Yang, K. Y. et al. Bridging ultrahigh- Q devices and photonic circuits. Nature Photonics 1 (2018). doi:10.1038/s41566-018-0132-5
- Dikandé Bitha, R. D. & Dikandé, A. M. Elliptic-type soliton combs in optical ring microresonators. Phys. Rev. A 97, 033813 (2018).
- Roy, A., Haldar, R. & Varshney, S. K. Analytical Model of Dual-Pumped Kerr Micro Resonators for Variable Free Spectral Range and Composite Frequency Comb Generation. Journal of Lightwave Technology 1–1 (2018). doi:10.1109/JLT.2018.2812900
And the [download id=”682″]. Below one more publication using the Kerr effect in microresonators but not for frequency comb generation.
Continue reading “Publication Update W11 & W12 2018”
In a few days the Optical Fiber CommunicationsConference is starting in San Diego and, although not nearly as many as for Photonics West or CLEO, a few presentation do feature Kerr frequency combs in microresonators. Below is a list of relevant contributions from the program.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ OFC 2018 (11 – 15 March)”
Dual-comb applications are really all the rage these days. Another high-profile paper this week. The second paper uses Kerr frequency combs for metrology.
As usual, the [download id=”670″] for these two publications. Below two more papers related to nonlinearity in microresonators and dissipative solitons.
Continue reading “Publication Update W10 2018”