The new publications from the last days below:
- Chang, L. et al. Ultra-efficient frequency comb generation in AlGaAs-on-insulator microresonators. arXiv:1909.09778 (2019).
- Ye, Z., Twayana, K., Andrekson, P. A. & Torres-Company, V. High-Q Si3N4 microresonators based on a subtractive processing for Kerr nonlinear optics. arXiv:1909.10251 [physics] (2019).
- Moille, G. et al. Broadband resonator-waveguide coupling for efficient extraction of octave-spanning microcombs. Opt. Lett., OL 44, 4737–4740 (2019).
And further below, a few more papers on nonlinear phenomena, including rogue waves and symmetry braking.
Continue reading “Publication Update W39 2019”
A bit of new work:
- Wu, B.-H., Alexander, R. N., Liu, S. & Zhang, Z. Quantum-Computing Architecture based on Large-Scale Multi-Dimensional Continuous-Variable Cluster States in a Scalable Photonic Platform. arXiv:1909.05455 (2019).
- Xu, X. et al. Microwave and RF signal processing based on integrated soliton crystal optical microcombs. IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 1–1 (2019). doi:10.1109/LPT.2019.2940497
- Qi, Z. et al. Dissipative cnoidal waves (Turing rolls) and the soliton limit in microring resonators. Optica, OPTICA 6, 1220–1232 (2019).
- Gärtner, J. et al. Bandwidth and conversion efficiency analysis of dissipative Kerr soliton frequency combs based on bifurcation theory. Phys. Rev. A 100, 033819 (2019).
And below a new review on frequency combs and their history including a small section about Kerr frequency combs as well.
Continue reading “Publication Update W38 2019”
Next week there will be the conference Frontiers in Optics, this year it is in Washington DC. The full program is available, so let’s have a quick look.
Wednesday, 18 September: 17:15–18:45 FW6C • Integrated Frequency Combs
A list of relevant talks and posters I have found in the program is given below.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ FiO 2019 (15 – 19 September)”
The first publication in the list below should have been in last week’s update. It somehow slipped out of the list.
- Villois, A., Kondratiev, N. M., Breunig, I., Puzyrev, D. N. & Skryabin, D. V. Frequency combs in a microring optical parametric oscillator. arXiv:1908.04688 [physics] (2019).
- Zhang, S. et al. Terahertz wave generation using a soliton microcomb. arXiv:1908.11798 [physics] (2019).
- He, Y. et al. Self-starting bi-chromatic LiNbO3 soliton microcomb. Optica, OPTICA 6, 1138–1144 (2019).
- Sandoval, O. E. Electro-Optic Phase Modulation, Frequency Comb Generation, Nonlinear Spectral Broadening, and Applications. (Purdue University Graduate School, 2019). doi:10.25394/PGS.8336780.v1
And below one more paper on Brillouin scattering in silicon nitride.
Continue reading “Publication Update W36 2019”