The CLEO conference is starting soon, as usual, here is a list of the many comb-related talks at the conference.
The conference will be virtual again this year, the times given here are in UTC-7 timezone (San Jose’s time).
Continue reading “Kerr combs @ CLEO2021”
This year, Frontiers in Optics will be a virtual online conference. The registration is therefore free for regular participants!
Here is a list of the more comb-focused sessions:
- Mon., 14 Sep., 16:00 – 17:30: Novel Frequency Comb Architectures (LM5F)
- Mon., 14 Sep., 19:00 – 20:30: Frequency Combs for Metrology (LM7F)
- Tues., 15 Sep., 09:00 – 10:30: Advanced Comb Applications (LTu2F)
- Wed., 16 Sep., 08:00 – 10:00: Nanophotonics (FW1B)
- Wed., 16 Sep., 19:00 – 21:00: Optical Comb (FW7B)
In addition, here is the list of relevant contribution. You can see that the focus is more on the quantum phenomena in microresonators.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ FiO 2020 (14 – 17 September)”
Because of Covid19, CLEO 2020 will not be a regular conference in San Jose. But it will be held online. So, no reason to travel, just enjoy CLEO from the comfort of your home!
Plus, registration is for free! And there is a lot going on for Kerr frequency combs. The five sessions listed below are dominated by contributions on Kerr frequency combs and I counted over 60 individual contributions between Monday and Friday. See further down.
- Tuesday, 12 May, 13:00 – 15:00: Integrated Frequency Combs (STu3H)
- Wednesday, 13 May, 13:00 – 15:00: Frequency Combs I (SW3J)
- Wednesday, 13 May, 17:00 – 19:00: Frequency Combs II (SW4J)
- Thursday, 14 May, 14:00 – 16:00: Nonlinear Microresonators (FTh3J)
- Friday, 15 May, 10:30 – 12:30: Nonlinear Optics in Waveguides and Microresonators (SF2B)
And below a list of all relevant contribution I could find.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ CLEO 2020 (11 – 15 May)”
In about three weeks the Photonics West 2020 in San Francisco will start. So, it’s about time to have a look at the program and to see, which new developments and discoveries will be presented. If you only have one day, Tuesday seems to be the big day for the topic of Kerr frequency combs.
I will be there as well (see below) and I will also be around at the CSEM booth (No 3043) at the exhibition (4 – 6 February).
Tuesday, 4 February: 10:45 AM TO 12:00 PM: Crystalline WGM Microresonators and Applications II; ROOM 202 (LEVEL 2 SOUTH)
Tuesday, 4 February: 1:30 PM TO 3:15 PM: Kerr Optical Frequency Microcombs with WGM; ROOM 202 (LEVEL 2 SOUTH)
And a list with all relevant contributions I found is below.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ Photonics West 2020 (1 – 6 February)”
Next week there will be the conference Frontiers in Optics, this year it is in Washington DC. The full program is available, so let’s have a quick look.
Wednesday, 18 September: 17:15–18:45 FW6C • Integrated Frequency Combs
A list of relevant talks and posters I have found in the program is given below.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ FiO 2019 (15 – 19 September)”
Tomorrow starts the CLEO Europe. Time to have a look at the program.
Sessions dedicated to Kerr frequency combs:
Wednesday, June 26, 14:00 – 15:30, Room 13B: CD7 Micro-comb-resonators
Thursday, June 27, 10:30 – 12:00, Room 4B: EF8 Solitons in microcavities
And the list of contributions featuring Kerr frequency combs below.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ CLEO Europe 2019 (23 – 27 June)”
CLEO 2019 is starting today and CLEO has been traditionally a conference where many fresh results on Kerr frequency combs have been presented. This is also true for this year’s edition. Here is a summary of this year’s program. There are a few sessions dedicated to this topic but many more presentations and posters are scattered throughout other sessions as well.
Sessions dedicated to Kerr frequency combs / Microresonator frequency combs
13:00–15:00, Meeting Room 211 C/D: STu3J • Kerr Frequency Microcombs
14:00–16:00, Meeting Room 211 C/D: STh3J • Emerging Nonlinear Platforms
16:30–18:30, Meeting Room 211 C/D: STh4J • Applications of Lasers & Microcombs,
08:00–10:00, Executive Ballroom 210D: FF1D • Solitons in Microresonators
14:00–16:00, Executive Ballroom 210H: SF3H • Microresonator Frequency Combs
The full list of the around 40 presentations and posters I have found in the porgram is below.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ CLEO 2019 (5 – 10 May)”
Just a week after FiO, another conference starts next Sunday, the European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC) 2018 in Rome. By now the program is out so let’s have a look:
Tuesday, 23 September:
- Tu3C.5, 14:30: Ultra-Low-Power Photonic Chip-Based Soliton Frequency Combs, Junqiu Liu
Wednesday, 24 September:
- We2A.1, 11:00: Microresonator Soliton Frequency Comb, Tobias Kippenberg
- We3A.1, 13:30: Synchronously-driven Microresonator Solitons and Application in Astronomy, Tobias Herr
- We3A.4, 14:15: Deterministic Soliton Burst in Microresonators Triggered by Amplitude Modulated Pump Laser, Heng Zhou
- We3H.5, 14:30: Laser Frequency Combs for Coherent Optical Communications, Victor Torres-Company
This weekend the FiO (Frontiers in Optics) conference starts in Washington DC. So it is time to have a look at this year’s program and what’s in it for people interested in Kerr frequency combs. Here we go:
Tuesday, 18 September:
- JTu2A.62 – 10:00 – 12:00: Thermal Decoherence of the Carrier-Envelope-Offset Frequency in a Kerr-Microresonator Comb, Tara E. Drake
- JTu2A.47 – 10:00 – 12:00: Analysis of the Twin-soliton Bound States in Passive Microresonator, Maitrayee Saha
- JTu3A.42 – 13:00 – 15:00: Quadratic Bright Soliton and Cnoidal Wave Frequency Combs in Microresonators by Second Harmonic Generation, Zhen Qi
Wednesday, September 19:
- FW1C.2 • 08:30: Multiplexing Soliton-Combs in Optical Microresonators, Erwan Lucas
- JW4A.42 – 13:00 – 15:00: Dark Soliton and Cnoidal Wave Frequency Combs in Microresonators by Second Harmonic Generation, Zhen Qi
Thursday, September 20:
- FTh1C.1 • 08:00 Invited: Framework for Complex Quantum State Generation and Coherent Control Based on On-Chip Frequency Combs, Piotr Roztocki
- FTh3C.3 • 11:15: Bridging Telecom Wavelengths to Alkali Atomic Transitions with Tunable Kerr Frequency Combs, Su-Peng Yu
- FTh3C.6 • 12:00: Gallium Phosphide Microresonator Frequency Combs, Dalziel Wilson
In about ten days CLEO is going to start. Time to have a look what this year’s program has to offer regarding Kerr frequency combs. And it turns out, it is quite a lot! Below a list with 39 presentation and 11 posters which in sum makes 50 contributions. Unfortunately, some of them overlap in time.
Full sessions dedicated to Kerr frequency combs (or microresonator frequency combs) or topics very close to that are:
The list of individual contributions is given below.
Continue reading “Kerr frequency combs @ CLEO 2018 (13 – 18 May)”