Last week was a rather application-oriented week. Two results on Kerr frequency combs for laser ranging published in Science, back-to-back and a very brief comment by the editor:
And here is the [download id=”663″] for the two publications. Further below two more publications related to microresonator platforms frequently employed for Kerr frequency comb generation. One from two weeks ago, one from last week.
Continue reading “Publication Update W9 2018”
The two publication from the last week are more on the theoretical side of Kerr frequency comb generation:
- Milián, C., Kartashov, Y. V., Skryabin, D. V. & Torner, L. Cavity solitons in a microring dimer with gain and loss. Opt. Lett., OL 43, 979–982 (2018).
- Hansson, T., Bernard, M. & Wabnitz, S. Modulational instability of nonlinear polarization mode coupling in microresonators. arXiv:1802.04535 [physics] (2018).
And here is the [download id=”658″] with the details. Enjoy!
This time there appears to be no new publication directly related to Kerr frequency combs. Therefore only three works related to frequency combs and microresonators in general:
- Okubo, S., Onae, A., Nakamura, K., Udem, T. & Inaba, H. Offset-free optical frequency comb self-referencing with an f-2f interferometer. Optica, OPTICA 5, 188–192 (2018).
- Zhao, X., Qu, X., Zhang, F., Zhao, Y. & Tang, G. Absolute distance measurement by multi-heterodyne interferometry using an electro-optic triple comb. Opt. Lett., OL 43, 807–810 (2018).
- Christensen, J. B., Koefoed, J. G., Rottwitt, K. & McKinstrie, C. J. Engineering spectrally unentangled photon pairs from nonlinear microring resonators by pump manipulation. Opt. Lett., OL 43, 859–862 (2018).
If I missed something, please let me know!
And the new insights into Kerr frequency combs and microresonators in general keep coming.
- Xu, X. et al. Photonic RF and microwave reconfigurable filters and true time delays based on an integrated optical Kerr frequency comb source. arXiv:1802.00057 [physics] (2018)
- Chiles, J. et al. Deuterated silicon nitride photonic devices for broadband optical frequency comb generation. arXiv:1802.01006 [physics] (2018).
- Haldar, R., Roy, A., Mondal, P., Mishra, V. & Varshney, S. K. Generalized Mathematical Formalism Governing Free-carrier Driven Kerr Frequency Comb in Optical Micro-cavities. arXiv:1802.00391 [physics] (2018).
- Wang, Y., Anderson, M., Coen, S., Murdoch, S. G. & Erkintalo, M. Stimulated Raman Scattering Imposes Fundamental Limits to the Duration and Bandwidth of Temporal Cavity Solitons. Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 053902 (2018).
- Hamerly, R. et al. Conditions for Parametric and Free-Carrier Oscillation in SOI Ring Cavities with Active Carrier Removal. arXiv:1802.00071 [physics] (2018).
And the [download id=”648″] for the papers listed above. Some additional works are listed below, in parts also from last week.
Continue reading “Publication Update W6 2018”